Due to company growth, we are keen to consider accountants that are looking to join our accounting team. you will be responsible for the management and maintenance of a portfolio of clients and ensuring high service levels are delivered.
- Providing strong customer service to your clients, providing proactive tax and accounting advice.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns to HMRC.
- Preparation and submission of monthly payroll to HMRC.
- Producing statutory accounts and corporation tax returns in line with accounting reporting standards and tax guidelines.
- Preparation and submission of self-assessment tax returns to HMRC.
- Communicating with HMRC and external agencies on behalf of our clients.
- Involved with the training of new members of staff on the team.
- Ability to communicate clearly by telephone and e-mail.
- Ability to establish good relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Good organisational skills with a methodical approach to working through tasks of varying complexity.
- Ability to work independently and also contribute as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and adapt to changes, such as legislation amendments.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working in an accounting environment.
- Qualified or studying towards a recognised accounting qualification.
- Strong communication skills.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest accounting and tax legislation.
- The ability to work to targets and help ensure our client filing deadlines are met.
- The ability to work as part of a team and support the overall accounting function.
What's on offer
- Very competitive salary
- On the job training & external
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Strong career development prospects
- Opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic young business
- Free Car Parking
- Beer Fridays